Author Topic: Asgard Renewed  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
Asgard Renewed
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »
So yeah it's been a long time since this project was initiated, and after a summer of no development I was pretty much ready to kill the project off entirely.  Recently I ran across a few other people who were preparing to re-launch a server of their own.  Instead, We're now combining our efforts to get Asgard up and running.  People should actually start seeing things happen now.  :)

Offline Raiyon

• Sprout
    • http://www.youtube.com/ryancstube
Re: Asgard Renewed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:04 pm »
However, updates won't really be announced here.  This board is for yggdrasil memorial, not asgard online.  However, I have still added our IRC server/channel to the top of the page, as well as added a link to our local IRC flash applet to quick connect.

Status updates for this will be done on our actual forum: http://forums.asgardonline.com or over IRC.

Offline irpengu

• Seedling
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 11:03:10 am »
do you remember what i posted

i think it was deleted

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:05:50 pm »
You posted in reply to the news forum topic, which has been gone for awhile, as are multiple other news topics.  I remove topics from news frequently.  Technically, the topic still exists, but in the recycle bin, so yeah I know what you said.

"nobody's going to play asgard"

I also don't agree with you.  Considering you actually know pretty much nothing about who's waiting on the project, who's working on it, where the progress is, or even the merging with another server operator (none of this information is on this forum, and I know for a fact you haven't been on the actual forum), I don't think you're informed enough for your comment to have any weight.

Offline Flygon

• Sapling
  • At the end of the day...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:57 am »
What we're saying is, is that the IRC is a pretty interesting place, and that having interested users there willing to contribute to the project would be pretty darned nice.

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 02:00:01 pm »
We're still ironing out some random issues we run into with the client, and working on some NPC's.  As far as the website is concerned, it's pretty much ready to go.  Recently I've also forked eAthena and started revising some of its code base as well for our purposes (better database structure, cleaner code, bug fixes, mechanics and command revising, etc...).

Soon as I get things into a cleaner condition I'll package the diff patches and send them back upstream to the eA team, but I suspect that they'll likely reject the changes since I plan on completely eliminating the entire flat-file database system they use.  Flat file is slow as crap compared to using a real database for certain VPS setups.  This is an entirely separate project from the whole server/client rewrite idea, which would not likely be an "asgard" thing at all, but a separate project (as I don't plan on making it compatible with current servers or clients in the least).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:01:28 pm by Relakuyae »

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:55 am »
Alright, we're down to a pretty short list of things that remain to get completed for launching this thing.  The only problem is everyone's lives have gotten a bit busy over the past couple weeks.  All in all though, we're FINALLY approaching a visible goal.

Offline Yokura

• Sprout
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 01:47:49 pm »
Yaaaaaay~!
TCA for Life

Offline Neryth

• Seedling
  • Frosting Idol
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »
Sugar... spice... and everything nice.
These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect server.
But Professor Relakuyae accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...
Assassin X.
Thus, Neryth was born!
Using his ultra super powers, math, common sense, and a lust for blood,
Has dedicated his life to wiping scrubs who think they know how to PvP!

Coming to an Asgard Online near you, Summer 2100 A.D.
pray for your marrow your flesh and your bone
your body speaks in whispers sighs and moans
repent for your crimes oh look how you've sinned
or my vengeance falls upon you like a furious wind

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:06 pm »
Nah, it'll more or less be up here by summer.  I think all that's left at this point is the trans stuff on the game server, finishing the database revamps for the game server, some website shit, and it's good to go.  The only problem is finding time for all this stuff.

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »
Shit... the training grounds need to be finished too...

Offline Brittfaceyay

• Seedling
  • Boobs
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »
well, if you have a day that you're up and ready, I'll help you with the training grounds cause it seems Ryan is a bit distracted lately :( :-[
Britt~ :)

Offline Relakuyae

• Administrator
  • Tree
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:30 pm »
I'll see what I can do on top of everything else as soon as I get the extra free time. :-/